|I, Done (Part 2)|
|Airdate||May 20, 1996|
|Written by||Jeff Pollack|
|Directed by||Werner Walian|
I, Done (Part 1)
In the series finale, the Banks family prepares to move away from California, and Will confronts his lack of achievements since he moved in with them. Hilary moves to New York as her show has been moved there, Ashley will be living with her and will attend a performing arts school. Carlton goes to Princeton University to continue his education while Geoffrey moves back to London to be with his son. Philip, Vivian and Nicky move back East to be near their children. Will remains in California to finish off his studies.
- Will Smith as Will Smith
- James Avery as Phillip Bank
- Daphne Maxwell Reid as Vivian Banks
- Alfonso Ribeiro as Carlton Banks
- Karyn Parsons as Hilary Banks
- Tatyana Ali as Ashley Banks
- Joseph Marcell as Geoffrey Butler
- Ross Bagley as Nicky Banks
- Reportedly, this two-parter (which was originally shown as a one-hour episode) was not intended to be a series-ending episode, but NBC decided not to renew for another season when there were talks of defecting to another network. However, Will Smith announced that season six would be his last if the show was to move to one of the two ongoing upstarts (UPN or the WB); in addition, Joseph Marcell was either in or would be returning to West London, England, so he decided this season would be his last, and eventually, the rest of the cast followed suit.