Philip hastily judges an ex-con who Will urged him to hire.
Will has to fill in as Phillip's assistant, as his actual assistant called off. That day, an ex-con named Luther comes to Phillip's court, who, under the condition of his parole, is requred to secure employment or go back to jail. However, Luther, claims he has obtained skills as a handyman and repairman during his sentence, but cannot secure employment, because no one is willing to hire a felon. Under the suggestion of Will, Phillip grudgingly hires Luther as a much-needed handyman and assistant for the Banks mansion. While Luther proves to be great at his job, Will notices his expensive Willie Mays-signed baseball is missing. The family goes out for dinner and discovers that the house has been cleaned out, immediately placing the blame on Luther as well as Will for suggesting to give him a chance.The police arrive and Luther is cleared of the charges as the real burglar, Phillip's assistant Edward Hascal, was responsible for stealing their possessions as he got tired of the demeaning tasks Phillip was making him do including: getting him bagels or ironing Phil's robe as well as the fact that Philip unfairly accused him of calling erotic hotline 1900 horny. Phillip and Will apologize for judging and blaming Luther for the robbery. Ashley reveals that she borrowed the Willie Mays ball for batting practice and it was never stolen in the first place.
- Will Smith as Will Smith
- James Avery as Philip Banks
- Janet Hubert as Vivian Banks
- Alfonso Ribeiro as Carlton Banks
- Karyn Parsons as Hilary Banks
- Tatyana Ali as Ashley Banks
- Joseph Marcell as Geoffrey Butler
- When Luther returns to the house after it is robbed, Phillip tells him that he has called the police. Later on just before the police arrive, Will tells Luther he is calling the police. However, it is likely Will may have not heard Phillip's phone call as this was during the time he was freaking out over his missing video games.