'The Mother of All Battles is the second episode of The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air's second season which was first broadcasted on September 16, 1991.
Will and Carlton arrive as reinforcements when a bully challenges Ashley to a rumble, but there's real trouble when Philip and Vivian intervene.
Ashley is having trouble with a girl at school. She goes to Will for advice on what to do. Will tries to teach Ashley to fight while Carlton steps in and makes things worse by keeping her from defending herself. Which does Ashley choose? The next day at school, Carlton and Will show up and after failing to talk the bully down and scare her, they bribe her to leave Ashley alone for $50. However, she resumes bullying Ashley when Carlton's check bounces.
When the bully's parents bring her over to the Banks', her parents start on Uncle Phil and Aunt Viv, believing their daughter to be innocent and Ashley to be the bad one, as well as acting condescending over the two; after a your Momma joke directed at Uncle Phil takes things too far, Uncle Phil punches the bully's father for ignoring the truth. The bully and Ashley make up in the kitchen and become friends when it's revealed she thought Ashley was after a guy she liked. Uncle Phil tells Ashley that he hopes she will do the opposite of what feels right in the future as losing his cool against the bully's father was wrong.
- Will Smith as Will Smith
- James Avery as Phillip Banks
- Janet Hubert as Vivian Banks
- Alfonso Ribeiro as Carlton Banks
- Karyn Parsons as Hilary Banks
- Tatyana Ali as Ashley Banks
- Joseph Marcell as Geoffrey Butler
- Guest starring
- Ebony Solomon as Paula Hoover
- Rosa Nevin as Francesca
- Tina Lifford as Brenda Hoover
- John Wesley as Dr. Hoover
- Will and Carlton visit Ashley's school for the first time.
- Philip punches Dr. Hoover for ignoring the truth about his daughter which causes him to lose control of his temper.